An Audible Promised Land

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Letters to authors from children are the BEST!!!




Letters I get from speaking at different schools are always the best! 

Kids in 4th, 5th, or 6th grade tend to use the superlative a lot, and anything you do is either the greatest, the funniest, or the best! 

It certainly makes speaking to schools a lot of fun. 

This photograph is from a packet of letters I received this week. 

One student wrote:


Dear Mr. Paul Aertker

Thank you for coming and signing our books and talking to us about geography and Djibouti, Djibouti. (PA: Djibouti, btw, is a country in East Africa on the Horn of Africa, near Ethiopia). 

My favorite story you told us was the royal wedding and I could see everything you described. I want to learn French and the first word I learned was L'abeille  = bee.

Sincerely Lilly.

No comments:

An Audible Promised Land